Friday, March 13, 2020

Opinion: Chase Ultimate Rewards (Part 2 - Latest Chase Travel Information email)

"""
...

As always, we follow the policies of our partners, which means a credit, refund or change is at the discretion of the airline, hotel, cruise line or other travel provider.

...

We understand your feeling of urgency, but we can serve you better when you wait to call us if:

• You are not starting your trip within three days

• You trip isn’t covered by a specific flexible change policy offered through the partner

To change or cancel a hotel reservation, please go online to MyTrips https://travel.chase.com/trips?eapid=0509-70501 and click on your itinerary.

We are also working with our travel partner Expedia to launch other self-service cancellation options soon. We are addressing individual cases and will work with customers who can’t reach us right now.

...

"""

Just read this email today from Chase. As I mentioned in the previous post, Chase did not honor this policy as I provided the email from Alaska Airlines. The Alaska Airlines email was sent 4 days prior to my call. I was not starting my trip within three days, and I was not changing the ticket. Email clearly says cancel fee waived. There were a few additional criteria. My ticket met all the criteria with Alaska Airlines eventually honoring the ticket themselves by giving me a credit.

I had even called into Chase support, yet all I get is the email for generic user. What about those who already called? I suppose it is too much to ask for an apology.

No comments:

Post a Comment