Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Buggish: No TypeScript version specified by loaded projects. Using the default Visual Studio TypeScript version 4.6 for IntelliSense.

This is for those who have limited knowledge of Visual Studio (for this specific instance, Visual Studio 2022) but probably the same for other recent versions.

I have used Visual Studio for several years and have almost never used the output tab before. I was troubleshooting an issue that was throwing an error when pushing change to GitHub.

The error said to look at the Output window. And in the output window is the error:

No TypeScript version specified by loaded projects. Using the default Visual Studio TypeScript version 4.6 for IntelliSense.

For the life of me, I couldn't find anything on updating the TypeScript. In some ways, this was fortunate because this had absolutely no relationship to my error. I think this message comes up in all my projects as I never specified TypeScript before. Also does not appear simple to modify.

While troubleshooting, I noticed that I could not reach GitHub due to corporate firewall. The security team is already out for the day. So eventually, I just used my phone to hotspot the access. For some reason, I can access from outside the building network.

After getting the push to finally work, I noticed that the output has a dropdown which you can change the options. By default, it is on Intellisense which is why I have the message above. In the drop down, I found one for git and saw the error messages blasted multiple times. The error was that it did not have access to github. This would have saved me 90 minutes.


Solution

Make sure the output is showing the option.

No comments:

Post a Comment