Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Work Life: Zoom vs MS Teams. Able to Point on Screen Share Host Screen

There is one feature that I really miss on Microsoft Teams (as of 7/21/2022) that is available on Zoom is the ability to point at things on the host screen.

This is a super handy feature for demos or training. I have the ability to just point directly where I am either asking questions about or tell them where to click or look at.

Why is this super handy? Because I seem to be terrible at explaining things with words to people. I have really tried to do my best. "Your mouse/cursor is directly on it" and you watch them move the mouse to look for their cursor (at least I assume they lost it even though they were moving it around). Or I ask "move 1 inch to the right" and I see them move all the way to the right side of the screen. Then you ask them to go back and you watch them go no where near where they were before. I tried to get them to go to an object I know they found before and suddenly they have no recollection of the name, object, or even why we are having the call to begin with. Yes, I am starting to use hyperbole but I think any online trainer will understand the pain.

Interview

Maybe this should be the interview question on how to follow directions? :D

This would have been a wondrous way to make someone even more anxious when they realize they cannot understand simple directions (which may or may not even be their fault!). "Point there! No, not there! Lower, lower, lower.... too low! Higher, a bit higher... no, no, no... too far!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment