Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Normal to lose weight after taking a break from working out? (Speculation)

This has been kind of nagging in the back of my mind, but I think I lose weight after I take a break from workouts (ie walking, lifting). I've barely been doing my 10k the last couple days and noticed that I have been able to maintain a lower weight average (around 2 pounds).

It'll go back up in a week if I do nearly no steps. Going back to working out, I'll go back to the same pattern of gaining weight then losing it slowly.

Does muscle atrophy work that fast? Or maybe I somehow change my diet due to my change in workout? I don't think my diet changed much. Although, I ate a lot of PB&J over the weekend which could be less than I usually eat. I'll need to note further data on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment