Sunday, January 1, 2017

Exercise 20170101

I didn't reach my goal last year to run a 10k, but I think I could have at least finished one under 80 minutes. I feel confident that I can reach it this year.

As of this morning, I have lost 10 pounds since a year ago. Yesterday, I attempted my fastest pace on a treadmill for 5k which I ended up finishing in 30.5 minutes. It was not a straight run, I did have to take a couple breaks (~30 seconds each).

Since I've gotten my fitbit in June, I started around 20k steps and slowly decreased to 10k steps by end of the year. This was mostly due to the increased workload due to everyone being out for the holidays so I was unable to take a lunch break to walk (mostly ate at my desk which also meant I ate unhealthier foods).

Also, I did less running and more strength training primarily with chest presses. I started around 25-30 pounds of about 3 sets of 20 reps, and ended up doing around 40-45 pounds of about 3 sets of 12-15. I still cannot do a pullup, but pushups are a little easier now.

On the treadmill, I oddly feel like I get "tired" but found if I increase the speed, I have renewed energy. I have started wondering if I am getting "bored" or maybe somehow that increases my adrenaline due to my personal competitiveness? I kind of doubt the latter since I can be lazy especially about myself. I find it easier to be "competitive" when I think it'll help someone else.

I've also started eating a little healthier in mixing in more greens into my diet. Broccoli, zucchini, and spinach has been a good portion of my default vegetables for my lunches. I am still not consistent with the cooking them as they always seem to come out differently each time. I also drank more home-made fruit smoothies, primarily pineapple, banana, strawberry, and blueberries. Sometimes watermelon, apple, and peaches.

I really need to work on getting more sleep. I was doing ok mid-year but recently, I have been averaging around 4-5 hours of sleep. I am not sure why but it has been getting harder for me to fall asleep even though I am in bed at a reasonable time.

Reference

http://douglastclee.blogspot.com/2016/01/exercise-20160109.html

No comments:

Post a Comment