Monday, July 11, 2022

Scammish: Canon all-in-one printers/scanner/fax (imo, just do not buy)

Scanner is completely useless without ink. Why? I have absolutely no idea either. This clearly an intended feature by Canon. Because of this alone, I say this is completely useless. If you want to go with just the Canon printer, see my other article where Canon printer uses cyan ink even though I have only printed black and white documents with both the app and the printer settings set to black and white. Supposedly, Canon claims this makes the black, blacker. I just need a print; I don't need a professional black color. It could be a light grey-scale for all I care to save more ink. But of course, there are no settings at all for this. Additionally, this is for any ink that is empty not all of them. For example, once cyan is out the entire printer (including printing) is useless even if you are printing black and white with full black ink cartridge.

JUST STAY AWAY FROM CANON

What is more scammish, is that I cannot even buy ink for my printer anymore... so... what a total electronic waste on the planet.

SAY NO TO CANON

What a crappy business model? If I had known this was the reason for the lower price, I would have just paid more for another device.

Summary

I would be embarrassed as an engineer if I had worked for Canon. I am already a bit ashamed as engineer that such a product exists. 


Reference

https://douglastclee.blogspot.com/2021/03/scammish-printers-using-cyan-when.html


No comments:

Post a Comment