Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Scammish: MtGA suspiciously manipulating matches

I run a primarily mono-red burn deck. Major weakness is enchantments. I play against a lot of enchantment decks. So much that I put in a single disenchant. I already had a dual land with white for a kicker.

Suddenly, I stopped facing any enchantment decks. I hold onto a disenchent card and never used it over 50+ games. I was losing even more often. I removed it, and instantly I played against enchantment decks.

Not just immediately, but for the next several games as if the system was queueing it up. I put my disenchant back in and no more enchantment decks.

Also suddenly, I was playing against (suspiciously different people yet seems almost exactly the same decks) were what appeared to be multi-colored shrine decks. I have to face several spirits that come out of nowhere. Also nowhere to find are my 5 burn down the house cards. Yet I always seem to manage to get my lone single strangle card each game.

I also seem to never get the End of Festivities (1 damage to all creatures) whenever I play against a small aggro create deck.

I always seem to play against black decks that have all 4 cut down (or whatever it is called).

I always seem to play against counters that have the right counter non-creature or counter creature through several rounds of single-card hands (ie they have no other cards in hand).

I always seem to play against single-color decks who happen to have 3-4 (probably 4 because I cannot survive past 3) of the largest anti-burn creatures. I just played against a player who played 3 Totalarian Terrors by round 6. Fine that he was able to cast one by round 5, then he plays 2 more right the next round. I barely have 4 mountains in a 60-card deck with 24 mountains. And he is able to pull 3 Totalarian Terrors in the same amount of time. I don't even own a single Totalarian Terror.

I always seem to play against a white deck that has the just the right amount of exile cards. No exile cards when I have no creatures, exiles up the wazoo when I have several creatures, etc. How do I know because they run out of cards. And I then suddenly get flooded with lands.

Speaking of land floods, they always seem to occur at the most critical points of the game. I am winning 20 to low single-digit. Then suddenly, 8 to 10 lands in a row. I have the red cards where I can cast 2 exile cards (which will turn up two lands) and the one where I discard one to get two cards with two treasures (ie mana) which would also turn up more lands. I would have a hand of lands. Odds? I have a 60-card deck. So my deck is 40% land yet after counting my lands with remaining cards, I have about 70% of my played cards are lands. 

The deck builder crashes all the time!! This was added because I had to restart the game several times just to look up some of the card names. You can see where I gave up above.

Sooooooo..........

Could I have been so randomly bad? maybe

Did I somehow upset lady luck? maybe

But for this simple-minded player, these odds seem terribly suspicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment