Thursday, September 2, 2021

Work Life: Another way to rename a file is to move it

Sometimes I do not learn my own lessons very well and having to re-invent the wheel each time. The latest example is for renaming SSRS reports. There is no option to rename, so I have just been deleting and uploading with the new file name. I knew this couldn't be the answer, so I kept searching because my initial searches didn't come up with the answer. Eventually finding out that I just had to move the file to the same location with a new name which to my embarrassment, I have also used. It just never clicked.

A palm to forehead moment would occur a few seconds later where I have used this solution elsewhere in my past. I cannot recall at the moment but I definitely had to do this before. Then it just evolves to just shaking my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment