Thursday, December 9, 2021

Life: Empathy vs Sympathy

 https://www.6seconds.org/2021/01/20/empathy-vs-sympathy-what-the-difference/


I liked this video. It makes a lot of sense. I am not sure if I totally agree with the definition of empathy and sympathy. I will admit that my definitions may be (probably is most likely) incorrect. But, I understand the point of Brene Brown.

The struggle to help is real. There have been many times where I really just say "I do not know what to say." And I don't feel that it is so easy because while one says it, one still battles the urges to do something. If you say it but don't battle it, then it may come across empty. I feel it is not just words alone but also the expressions that I am also struggling to find an answer... or maybe even to say an answer.

In my mind, there are a lot of questions or "at leasts" but often conclude that it just belittles the feeling or inappropriate for the moment. I think the person who shared the feeling can sense this.

What I like about this video is learning that this feeling is not only normal but the better option.

No comments:

Post a Comment