Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Complaint: Google Drive - Numbered List, Screen Space in Landscape Mode

Numbered List 
I can't find a way to change the level of a numbered list in a document in Google drive on a mobile phone. For example, I have a list 1, 1.a,, 1.b, 2... I want to create 1.c. It just creates 2 thus making 2 into 3. Not sure if there is something like a tab. (8/5/2013)
Of course right after I posted the above, I found how to do this. In the text options at the top of the screen, there are more options by scrolling it towards the right. One of the additional options is to change the level of the numbered list.

Screen Space in Landscape Mode
In this mode, I can only see one line of the text. The virtual keyboard takes up almost the entirety of the screen. I cannot think of a better way to improve this experience. One thought is to somehow move the keyboard to the side, like a split view with the document on the left half and keyboard on the right half. Or split the keyboard so half on the left and other half on the right with the document in the middle. I'm not sure whether this would improve the user experience though. Or maybe a way to resize the virtual keyboard.

Screen Space in Portrait Mode
It'd be nice to be able to zoom out more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment