Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Interview: New Oddball Interview Questions for 2013 from Glassdoor

Question was asked: "If you were on an island and could only bring 3 things, what would you bring?

  • If I were already on a deserted island, I wouldn't be able to bring anything.
  • If I were bringing something from the island, it would depend on what island I was on.
  • If the question meant 3 things to bring to a random, deserted island for survival, then a knife, shovel, and a fishing line (or fishing net or fishing rod if it came with a line).


If you were a pizza deliveryman how would you benefit from scissors?

  • Cutting coupons and self-defense
  • I liked this response: It would keep me from running.

Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer
  • Because I am typically assigned to solve more complex problems, I have more experience as a hunter. Complex problems tend to require the ability to analyze a moving target. Otherwise, I can be a hunter or a gatherer effectively.
What is your least favorite thing about humanity?
  • I actually interviewed with ZocDoc, and my questions were all technical. All questions were generic programming questions that you regurgitate from a text book. Sadly, I do not perform well with those questions. Seriously... who says they are going to use polymorphism when they design, architect, or program? Or list the different types of sorts when most frameworks already provide solutions to sort data? Although I can answer them, I think part of my mind goes into why do they even ask these questions. Sorry for the rant.
  • People who complain but do not vote. People of apathy deserve what comes to them. Procrastinators know it is their fault. But, whiners think they are right, portray an illusion that their problems are bigger than they are, and yet do nothing about the problem thus wasting everyone's time, attention, and energy.
  • People who think oddball questions are a waste of their time, especially if those people are engineers.
Can you instruct someone how to make an origami "cootie catcher" with just words?
  • What is a "cootie catcher"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_fortune_teller
  • Yes. Get a square paper, fold corners toward the front center to form a smaller square, fold corners toward the back center to form an even smaller square, create two creases by folding and unfolding the square into rectangles, stick fingers underneath the square flaps created
What's the color of money???...
  • The color of blood and sweat

Reference

http://www.glassdoor.com/Top-25-Oddball-Interview-Questions-LST_KQ0,34.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment