Thursday, February 20, 2014

Question: Google Drive Charts - How to create a year-by-year comparison? (no solution)

I am playing around with Google Drive charts. I have data of my weight over 1 year and some months, so I wanted to be able to view the data year by year. This way I can view my weight compared to previous years.

The reason I would like this is because the holidays are approximately the same every year. This means that my macro eating habits are going to be somewhat similar every year. For example, I overeat during Thanksgiving, around year end holidays, July 4th bbq, certain birthdays, etc.

Currently, my graph is one long time line. I do not feel like splitting my data into different sheets separated by years (i.e. a sheet for 2014 and another sheet for 2013, etc.). I would like something similar to the article I found on superuser for excel.

As far as I can tell so far, I cannot find a way to manipulate the Google Drive charts to display what I am looking for.


Reference

superuser "Excel chart with year-to-year comparison" - http://superuser.com/questions/492284/excel-chart-with-year-to-year-comparison

No comments:

Post a Comment