Sunday, February 9, 2014

Life: Checking Outlook Recent Activity

I received an email for verification from Microsoft and was not sure what it was for. So I went onto my outlook accounts to check which one had the email address that received the verification request.

While I was at it, I checked the recent activity page. I noticed on one of my accounts a bunch of sign-in from Netherlands. I panicked a little, so I changed my password. I then checked one of my google accounts that automatically downloaded the emails and did find that the schedule matched up.

One odd part of this was that in the morning, the IP was from the US. The IP from last night was from Netherlands.

Google (US) - 209.85.214.140
Google (Netherland) - 209.85.219.14


Email

It would be nice if the email contained what address it was trying to verify.

Microsoft account
Verify your email address
To finish setting up this Microsoft account, we just need to make sure this email address is yours.


Steps to check activity

  1. Sign into outlook.com
  2. Click on your user icon
  3. Account Settings
  4. Recent activity
  5. Answer security question

No comments:

Post a Comment