Wednesday, July 9, 2014

HOWTO: Enable New Folder for a List in SharePoint 2010

"Could not save the content type changes to the server. Content type [SharePoint List Location] is sealed."
When navigating to the List > Items, the New Folder icon is greyed out or disabled.

I thought this should have been intuitive but perhaps this is just the beginning signs of me aging. I am trying to create an archiving workflow in SharePoint and found this process to be more complex than it needs to be. In this attempt, I am trying to create a folder and move old items to the folder. Unfortunately, I got stuck with the above problems.

To enable New Folder, I had to navigate to List Settings > Advanced settings. Search for Folders or Make "New Folder" command available? in the list, enable by selecting Yes then click OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment