Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Review: Google AdSense - Page View Counts are Lower than Other Sources

I have been watching the page views between Google AdSense, Blogger, Google Analytics, and Google Webmasters, and AdSense is much lower in count than the other sources. I expected this is due to all the ad blocks that exist on the internet. Another possibility is that firewalls are blocking out the ads depending on corporate regulations.

I did find interestingly is that my page count view has been growing slowly yet by AdSense actually decreased although very slightly. Although not a huge sample, the trend according to Blogger is that my page counts have increased from the low 50s to upper 60s, while AdSense decreased from 27 to 25 (metrics in 'per day' units).

Provided my assumptions, this would seem to indicate that 1. I attract more users that have ad block, 2. I attract more users that are behind corporate firewalls (I guess it could be personal but I am going to assume that number is very negligible), and 3. revisiting users have installed ad blocks in between. Given the nature of this blog, my guess would be #1.

I wonder if there is a way to verify that conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment