Monday, August 4, 2014

Review: Maytag Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator MBF2258XEB6 (~3 Months)

After about 3 month, I seem to be having some problems with my refrigerator. It does not seem to get as cold as it should be. The freezer appears to still be functioning as usual. I changed the settings to be colder but does not seem to be getting any colder. The temperature almost seems slightly cooler than room temperature which is around 75F.

I do not have much food in there so I will see if it gets cooler in the next day or two. I have not moved or done anything to the fridge since the installers put it in.

Update 20151204:
The fan that pushes the air into the refrigerator broke. I used the Maytag site to report the problem. The Maytag technician came, found the problem pretty quickly, and fixed it. I think it was all done within 30-45 minutes. The fridge has been working fine since.

The fridge does seem to make a little more noise than when it was new. I think I am a little more sensitive than others to noise level so the change may be negligible. Also, it is the only thing that makes a sound except for my computer.

Reference

No comments:

Post a Comment