Friday, October 11, 2013

Life: Malala Yousafzai - Pro-Education

I just watched Malala Yousafzai on The Daily Show and was very inspired not only by her vision, conviction, and courage, but also how articulate she was in presenting her beliefs. Her articulation greatly pronounced what she wanted to share.

I have read many articles on speech improvements. One of the items was eliminating silence fillers like 'um', 'ah', etc. I do understand how fillers can be detrimental to your communication even when there is good intentions and good wisdom. But the way Malala answered each question, her idea was even more persuasive.

Of course, I am a bit biased in that I also believe education is the best answer to all the violence. I am awed that someone as young as her already has that comprehension. At the same time, I am slightly saddened that it took a rather poor environment to inspire her to be so great. I wasn't even aware of the world till after college and even then it was very limited.

Reference:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/tue-october-8-2013-malala-yousafzai
http://www.debramoorhead.com/blog/index.php/eliminating-uhs-ums-and-ahs-from-your-speech

No comments:

Post a Comment