Sunday, June 22, 2014

HOWTO: Google Chrome Remote Desktop - Change Pin/Password, Forgot Pin

This took me a while to figure out and could not find a satisfactory solution. I was testing at first and just used a test pin since I didn't have a 6 digit pin readily thought through, so forgot what PIN that was.

1. Open Google Chrome
2. Go to Settings
3. Click Extensions
4. Find Chrome Remote Desktop > Click Visit website
5. Click Launch App
6. At the bottom of the page, there is a link at the bottom of the page "Change PIN"


This is on Google Chrome on Windows 7.


Reference

If the above does not work, try the links below in Google Chrome, but I'm not sure if these will work. It works on my pc but unsure if keys are specific to my install
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-remote-desktop/gbchcmhmhahfdphkhkmpfmihenigjmpp

You may have to copy/paste this manually:
chrome-extension://gbchcmhmhahfdphkhkmpfmihenigjmpp/main.html


Key Search Terms

Forgot Chrome Remote PIN, Forgot Chrome Remote Desktop PIN
Change PIN for Remote Desktop

Update (4/25/2021)

Please note this post was created in 2014. Many of this information is probably obsolete. I may have used Google Remote Desktop another month after this post, so I cannot share what the new process is. If someone would like to provide a link to a modern process, I will post this here.

3 comments:

  1. How do you change the remote computer's log-in credentials (e.g., as student for a remote class)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you change Pin on Windows 10. Because as the directions state abve, their is no Change Pin on bottom Right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, didn't work.
    There is no way to change your remote access PIN REMOTELY! That defeats the security purpose of a Remote Access PIN.

    ReplyDelete