Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Buggish: Outlook.com, It looks like someone else might be using your account

I made the common mistake of entering the incorrect password multiple times eventually entering the correct one eventually but then got the page that says "It looks like someone else might be using your account" dialogue (with Google Chrome).

I was still able to access my account via Microsoft IE as it was still logged in. I logged out, then logged back in and reached the same error page. But on IE, I was able to still change my password. After changing my password, I was able to access my account again on IE. On Chrome, I still get the same error.

Not only do I still get the same error, I am unable to change the account to another account. There appears to be no way of changing the account too. I used EditThisCookie to clear the cookies for the site (live.com), closed browser, and even rebooted. None of this fixed the problem.

The only solution was to go into google chrome settings and clearing all cookies. I am not sure which specific sites also needed to be cleared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment