Thursday, September 18, 2014

Food: Shrimp sandwich with brown mustard taste experiment

I was at the supermarket and passed freshly made potato and egg salad, but did not really feel like eating just plain potato/egg salad. Later, I found that shrimp was on sale and thought to it give a try with the potato/egg salad.

This turned out really good. But for some reason, I did not put two and two together when I bought about a pound of potato/egg salad and two pounds of frozen raw shrimp. So, I ended up with a lot of extra shrimp.

Since I didn't have anything else besides bread, I just decided to just eat shrimp sandwich. Ketchup and BBQ sauce did not sound very appetizing. Brown mustard also did not sound good, but I figured I'd give it a try. Surprisingly, this turned out a lot better than I had thought it would.

Interestingly, I also realized why food places like to mix the shrimp with other things to make them stick together like mayonnaise. If I did not hold the sandwich perfectly horizontal, the shrimp pieces kept falling out. I didn't have this problem with I had mixed it with the potato/egg salad.

Makes me wonder if I could use the remainder of my shrimp into some sort of shrimp cake. At least, brown mustard with shrimp sandwich turned out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment